Men's Fellowship is a very important integral part of our Church. The committee elected Abraham Varghese to be the Leader of the Men and lead the Men's fellowship group for a two year span from 2008 - 2010. This Group came into existence in the year 2007.
Men's fellowship convenes every Third Sunday after Church for almost 45 min.
Our First leader was Dr George K Oommen ; he had dynamically laid the foundation to this group and emphasized the year 2007 to Topic Christ & Family. We had several discussions on various third Sundays in that year on topics like
a) How men can play an active role in the family
b) Correlation between religion and family
c) How to be a good Citizen by helping the community from the grass root level etc.
To support all these discussions we even heard what other spiritual leaders had to share on the topics etc.
We also tried to help the men to pray as most were reluctant to pray in the public, this helped groom our men to be outspoken and be the witness of our Lord Jesus.
Year 2008 - 2009
In year 2008 the committee elected "Mr. Abraham Varghese " as the Men's leader and assigned the task to lead the Men's fellowship in the year 2008 & 2009.
a) Year 2008
The Theme for the Men's fellowship for year 2008 was : -"The Fruits of the Spirit"
The Fruits are: - LOVE, JOY, SELF CONTROL, PATIENCE,
KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, PEACE
As a group we accomplished few things in 2008
1) Prayer will be our central focus :- Every Individual will take turn to pray in the Men's fellowship and also in the Cottage prayer meetings
2) We created a calendar in year 2008 where every individual or two individuals were responsible to start a discussion on the various aspects of the fruit assigned to them. The discussion started off on March 16th 2008 with our Vicar assigned to talk and encourage the Group to discuss about the Fruit assigned for that month: - “LOVE”
3) June 15th we observed as the Men’s Sunday
Personal comment from "Abraham Varghese"
It was a great pleasure to see how our Men performed in the year 2008 in the Bible study where we discussed on the Fruits of the Spirit and how each and every fellow member served the Lord in various ways in our Church.
I salute them! Good Job!
I was also pleased to see at Biji Mathew’s residence a Table Mat where all the fruit of Spirit was displayed on the Mat!
b) Year 2009
In the year 2009 after a few days of thought and prayer it was decided to Study the disciples of Jesus.
With the knowledge we got from the Fruit of Spirit in the year 2008 we tried to understand how to be a disciple of
Jesus by exploring the principles of each disciples of Jesus
As a group we continue to accomplish few things in 2009
1) Prayer will be our central focus: - Every Individual will take turn to pray in the Men's fellowship and also in the Cottage prayer meetings
2) We created a calendar in year 2009 where every individual or two individuals were responsible to start a discussion on the various aspects of the Disciples assigned to them. The discussion started off on Jan 18th 2009 with our Vicar assigned to Talk and encourage the Group to discuss about the Disciple assigned for that month: - “ST MATHEW”
3) June 21st was observed as the Men’s Sunday
Personal comment from "Abraham Varghese"
It was a great pleasure to see how our Men continue to perform this year understanding the Life of the Disciples and try to become a disciple of our Lord Jesus.
c) Planning for year 2010
Men’s fellowship having now completed three years of existence. We now plan to see how we men along with our family try to practice what we have learned in our Men Fellowship for last few years.
One of the Plans we have for year 2010 would be be community help apart from our normal Bible Study !
Visit an old age home / orphanage – near the church vicinity on a Sunday morning (We need to understand
others and the people around us rather than just give money through charity: - in that way we will feel our
Lord’s presence) as our Mother Teresa once said "I see God in every human being. When I wash the leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord Himself. Is it not a beautiful experience?"
Leaders of Men's Fellowship
|Men's Group Leader
||Mr. Biji Philip Mathew